[VAL] Oddball tubing size.

    All,

    Well, I've read about it but never experienced it until two days ago
when began to try to find what appears to be 7/16" copper tubing for a patch
in my hot water line.

    My '69 Caravel spent all its life in Oregon and must have gone through
at least one freeze with water in the lines.  Someone cut out a bad piece
where apparently it had split and tried to patch it with hard Nylon tubing,
relying upon a hose clamp at either end to barely hold it on the bad fit.

    Right now I'm OK for the moment, having replaced that patch with one of
my own using reinforced Vinyl tubing pushed well onto the 7/16" copper
tubing.  But what I really want is to repair it with another piece of that
same tubing but the trouble is that I can't find at any of the local haunts.
Can someone tell me if it's available anywhere?  If so, are there sweat
couplings made for it  or will I need to use compression fittings for the
patch?  All in the world I need is about 12" of the stuff.

    Thanks,

    Glyn