RE: [VAL] Dometic Refrigerator

As I have recently investigated alternatives to the propane/electric fridge,
I thought I would chime in that you might want to look at the Tundra 12V
fridge.  Tundra is now owned by Dometic.  The Tundra is a conventional
design refrigeration system with a 12V compressor (120V operation is
optional).  The units draw from 3-4.5amp (depending on size) when the
compressor is running.  They are designed to fit into the same size openings
as Dometics and Norcolds (dimensions are not exact, but within fractions of
an inch).  The 2 door model runs about $1000, so in line with a new Dometic
propane unit.  The upside is the unit no longer requires propane, but it
does require either 120V (if so ordered) or 12V, so ensuring that you have a
way to maintain your batteries if you boondock much is essential.

www.tundra.cc/productsmr.html

Just something to consider

david