Re: [VAL] Economical tow vehicle

Hi folks,
I'm sitting here thinking these trailers were built to be pulled by smaller
vehicles.  My 1956 1/2 ton Chevy pickup weights much less than my 1994
Suburban, it has a six cylinder engine, stiffer suspension, though the
springs and shocks are smaller;  still its a great old truck.

Two summers ago I met a man in North Dakota pulling a single axle Trade Wind
with a Mercedes ML350 SUV.  Not really sure about his mileage but he loved
his Mercedes, it was a great looking combination too.

How about the Volvo XC90?  What is its towing capacity?  I recently looked
at the BMW Suv, weighted in just over 6000 lbs with V8.

What a wonderful discussion though...it shows just how universal Vintage
Airstreams really are!

Happy Trails, Gerald Shippen