[VAL] Great Scott...Willys Jeepsters & Harrison Karr too...

Great Scott!  A gem to keep my eyes peeled for at swap meets (the sales brochure
with the Jeepster...)

My '51 Jeepster is the same yellow/black combo - alas it has the 4 cylinder
engine with a 3 speed/overdrive.  It was given to me years ago by the original
owners.  They bought it new from our local dealer at a cocktail party....the
dealer and his wife had driven it to the party...and she thought it was "her"
car.  By the end of the party her husband had sold it!

There was an optional 6 cylinder available.

If you have a chance to read "Retire to Adventure" by Harrison Karr - you'll read
about the Willys Wagon and Airstream that Wally Byam loaned him to drive in the
"caboose" position on a 1950's Canadian Rockies Rally.  It's a great read and
the Willys Wagon did yeoman duty time and again as a private AAA vehicle for the
Caravan.  So the Willys could do the job back then!

I see where Jarrod White has a Jeepster too...so maybe we need to think about a
Vintage Tow Vehicle sub-sub-satellite group...to the VAC...

Also Vanessa - I second Scott's mention of the Buick Roadmasters (the last of the
big bodies).  If you research them carefully - since you'd be shopping
used....you might find one of them with the 5.7 liter LT 1 Corvette engine (a
strong version of the 350 V-8) that put out about 300 hp.  You could find it in
both the 1993 Buick Roadmaster sedan and the wagon I believe.  It also was
available in the Chevy Caprice and I've read it came in a few Cadillacs too.
That is what you call a "sleeper".

Have fun shopping and thinking!  RL