Re: [VAL] Economical Tow Vehicles

When I was looking for the 10 ply info, I ran across the 1954 Care Manual.
I took a look at it and found this that you might find interesting.

"We recommend tire pressures of 35 lbs for the smaller models, and 40 to 45
lbs for the larger models when the tires are cold.  Check your tire pressure
often enough to maintain it at this figure.  It is best for you to carry a
little tire pressure gauge with you.  If you keep your tires at just about
the right pressure, your chances of having difficulties are very remote.  If
you have puncture proof tubes, and you notice that you have a slow drop in
pressure, you know that you have a slow leak.  The thing to do is to look
your tire over carefully and pull out the naiil or whtever it is that is
causing the slow leak.  The tire will then heal itself.

Pretty low tech, huh?

I have bias ply 700 x 15 - 8 ply rated LT tires on my single axle trailer as
originally specified and keep them at 45 lbs (also specified).  I have never
had trouble with them and they run cool.  I have no need steel valve stems.
Why run them at 65 lbs (max pressure)?

GQ '67 Safari
4082 in CA