Re: [VAL] Economical Tow Vehicles

Vanessa,

Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think your Volvo should be pulling more
than 3,000 pounds.  Is that correct?  And if so, isn't that the combined
total gross weight of vehicle and trailer?

I've got an old 1984 Volvo DL Wagon with the inline 6-cylinder VW truck
diesel engine which is not turbo-charged.  In my owners manual it says not
to tow anything over 3,000 pounds.  My Volvo wagon is a body on frame
constructed vehicle.  I don't know if your Volvo is made that way or not.
My old wagon also has a solid rear axle but yours may have independent rear
suspension and be of the "uni-body" or "unit-body" construction meaning *no
frame* because the "uni-body" IS part of the "frame".

Can you tell us more about your Volvo?

Where'd you find such a gem?  Do you have pictures to share?????

Tom
WBCCI 5303