Re: [VAL] Working on a 62 Tradewind

Bebe,

I would agree with Herb on both the thermocouple and the lights. As for the
window cranks the gear/arm mechanism should still be available. Check an RV
store (or better yet an Airstream dealer) or an RV parts catalog. The latch
for the door in a door is also still available, it is the same latch that is
used on the windows, try the same places mentioned above. You can also try
inlandrv.com, but buyer beware, many on this list have not had good dealings
with him...however he has always done OK by me. Its beyond me why anyone
would snip the battery cables inside the box where the wires disappear into
the skin. If the same as my 60 all I can say is "punt". But, seriously, look
for where your 12V fuse block is and you may be able to trace the wire, or
at least splice into it at that point. Mine is located behind and beneath
the front sofa near the pump. As for the light fixture...it should be a
combo 12v and 115v fixture with two seperate bulbs. You will not find a
replacement for the whole fuxture unless you find someone parting out a
trailer. My suggestion is to keep your eyes peeled at hardware stores or
places like Home Depot for a lense that may fit your current fixture.

Scott Scheuermann
1960 Overlander