Re: [VAL] tire balance

Way back when I turned wrenches for a living, we had a machine (German, I
think) which we could roll under a jacked up corner which (using
circumfrence and RPM) would spin the wheel at any road speed you wanted.

Of course, all the doctors and lawyers wanted their Porsches and Mercedes
balanced for 120 miles and hour at first, but then calmed down once they got
it through their thick heads that, since they never actually DROVE that fast
(maybe once...), they got a lot better results if they reduced the balancing
act to the speed they actually drove the things.  Big difference
sometimes...

The point is, if you DO find a shop with such capability, and their machine
indicates road speed, be sure they use a reasonable speed, commensurate with
your own driving habits, or the results might not be quite what you want.

Mark in Modesto