Re: [VAL] Re: Replacement furnace

Dave,

Before you spend any money on a Catalytic furnace please do your homework.
After you look into the why's of "why you shouldn't use a Catalytic furnace
in an RV" I think you will change your mind.

Catalytic furnaces require a source of fresh air for combustion; most advise
to leave a window open 1" or more (doubt you'd do this in the winter).
These types of furnaces *also add loads of humidity* to the interior of your
RV.

People have died in tents when using a small catalytic heater for warmth
when the roll-up canvas window shut when the wind blew hard enough - they
never woke up.

The military also has stories about our soldiers who've died using catalytic
heaters when the oxygen levels go very low and the CO gas got very high.
Dying from CO poisoning is miserable as carbon monoxide binds to the blood
cells and STOPS the cells from absorbing oxygen even AFTER the hazard is
removed.

Please rethink your options.

Tom Meeker
WBCCI 5303