Re: [VAL] Re: 85 ford diesel

Tom,
Without being able to pin it any closer, streets and trips pegs the trip
from Houston to Seattle at just about 2450 miles.  At a buck a mile
(about the going rate for delivery) that makes an $850 truck
attractive.  Even if the trip is from up in the panhandle (Stratford,
TX) to the first town on I84 in WA (Kennewick) its still over 1400
miles.  At two bucks a gallon and 10 mpg  figure 280 bucks for gas,
couple of hundred for meals and hotels you still break about even, and
have the truck for future use.

As for reliability of the vehicle, that's a crap shoot.  But then so is
the purchase of a new tugger to one extent or another.

Just my QDA (quick and dirty arithmetic) take.

FWIW,
Matt