[VAL] Re: 85 ford diesel

I had an 86 w/4speed man trans.
It had 160k when I sold it and the only issues I had with it was the
Injection pump gave me problems and that engine is notorous for a week head gasket
in the area just above the starter!....there would be a small drip of  coolant
coming from that area if that's an issue!
If it has say only 100k onit the gasket should be fine but the pump shoulda
been rebuilt at least once by 100k. Other then those two things it was a
great tower~~~NON turbo so they are not burning rubber but it's a decent long
haul truck!
If the glow plugs and inj. pump are in good shape it will start on the  1st
try...if it's cranky to get started (COLD OR WARM) It may have issues with  one
or both systems!

AlanT
Phx AZ