[VAL] Tonights While you were out

To night I sat through the While You were out Program and watched a group of
idiots who were neither craftsman or comedians Realy screw up a perfactly good
Airstream. Meby I am too critical.
Jim Smith

'74 Airstream - featured on TLC's While You Were Out!!

This camper is featured on The Learning Channel's While You Were Out TV show.  You can watch the remodelling of this Airstream on TLC March 9 at 9pm central time, March 10 at midnight, March 13 at 10am, and March 25 at 4pm.  The interior was completely gutted except for the bathroom.  A new subfloor and custom interior complete with two leather recliners, refridgerator and handmade table, wall unit, pillows, and bench cushions was installed.  The bathroom does need to be completely redone in order to make in working condition.

The exterior was not redone.  Tires are in good shape and the camper tows well.  Exterior lights need to be rewired.  The camper is currently stored in Gautier, Mississippi (20 miles west of Mobile, Alabama and 90 miles east of New Orleans).  If you want to look at the camper before you bid, you need to make an appointment.  Pick-up location will be Gautier.

Before you bid, please clear up any questions you have about the camper.  Also, please do not bid unless you are absolutely sure you want and are able to buy the camper.

On Mar-08-05 at 06:39:58 PST, seller added the following information:

The airstream also has the stainless steel look refrigerator that was won on the TV show.  You can not see it in the pictures but it comes with the trailer.  The chairs are very nice.  They are valued at over $1200.  They chairs and remodel has only been used for one night.  We are selling because we lost the place where we kept our camper on the weekend.

This Photo script courtesy of www.dyn-web.com

Questions from other buyers for this listing
Q: In response to an earlier question you said the trailer had been gutted and the stove and oven were gone. Do you still have them and would you be listing them on ebay for sale? A: No, they were not worth saving.
Q: how about more pics A: The pics posted are pretty representational of what the camper has to offer except for the restroom. I will be taking pics of that this weekend and will post ASAP.
Q: I noticed during the show the antenna stayed up all the time. Does it retract? A: The crank and all the parts for it are in place but it seems to be jammed. It will move some and them just gets tight. I have not climbed up there and looked at it. Right now the antenna is not attached to anything other that the cable coming off of it.
Q: Please give details as to where it can be seen this Sunday, March 13th ... if you have more pictures, please send them. Everyone will be interested in more pictures. I will try to TIVO the show ... when is it on? A: The show times are in the description. There are several times. We will be busy until dark on Sunday and there is not good lighting where the camper is stored. We are considering a viewing on Friday afternoon for those interested. If you are sill interested in bidding on Sunday and have not got a chance to see it we can arrange a viewing for Monday.
Q: If you have more pictures I would like to receive them How is the skin ? pealing ? coating gone ? Thanks in advance Phil A: I haven't seen any peeling and I didn't know there was a coating. The color is shiny on one side and dull on the other. This is the best way I can explain the coloring of the aluminum. I am not very well-versed in Airstreams. I just own one. :o)
Q: Any Damage history on this trailer? Thanks A: There is a dent on it from what I can remember. (I haven't looked at it in three weeks). It is old and not in prestine condition.
Q: Does this camper have a furnace and working stove? Sorry for the multiple emails, I forgot to ask in previous one. Thank you. Rhonda A: It was completely gutted except for the bathroom so the stove and oven are gone. The AC unit is still on top of the camper but needs to be rewired for it to work. The bathroom still has the shower, toilet and sink but needs to be have the plumbing redone for it to work.
Q: You mentioned the exterior lights need to be rewired,does this include the rear tail lights (brake,running,and blinkers), or are you referring to the marker side lights? What type of trailer light connector(how many pins)does it have? Also,do you have a photo of the bathroom? Since you mentioned it needed work, it would be helpful to see what needed to be done. Thank you. Rhonda A: The exterior lights (rear tail lights, brake lights, blinkers) do need to be rewired. For some reason, they were rewired wrong when we bought it. The hazzards work, but when you put the left blinker on, the right blinker blinks and when you turn the right blinker on, the hazzards come on. As for the trailer light hook-up, it is a 4-pin plug. I will also try to get a picture of the bathroom this weekend when I go to get the camper. Please note that the bathroom needs to be completely redone.
Q: How is the plumbling, Hot water heater, A/C, & holding tanks?? How is the stove & heating system?? Thanks Joe Tate A: The entire Airstream except for the restroom was gutted. There isn't a stove, oven or kitchen sink any more. There is a refrigerator that is brand new and the bathroom does have a shower, sink and toilet. But the bathroom needs to be completely redone (plumbing included) to reconnect to the water tank and make it work. The AC doesn't work but the AC is still on top of the camper and needs to be rewired to work.
Q: I wondered how long the trailer is. I suppose I should know by the name but I am new to this Airstream thing. Are there anymore pictures in case I don't watch the TV show? Joe A: The trailer is 27'long. If there is something specific you want to see, I will be going to Gautier this weekend and can take pictures. You should really try to tape/TiVO/watch the TV show so you can see what was done to the Airstream. It also shows in moving pictures what the camper looks like.