RE: [VAL] Goodyear Marathon- not for me, Thanks

This is sort of scaring me. I have 4 Marathons on my
Tradewind, and am planning to do a few high mileage
trips this year. The tires are about 2 years old now.
If 15" light truck tires came in D-rating, perhaps
that would be a good alternative. It seems that
Michelin makes a very nice light truck tire, which I
run on my Suburban, and never had any problems with
them.
Come to think of it, a previous tow vehicle with
D-rated Kelly Springfield tires ( mfg by GoodYear)
gave me 2 blowouts on hwy 40 a few years ago.
Fortunately I was not towing at the time.
I will keep a sharp eye on these tires, and check air
pressure and temperature more frequently from now on.
Uwe Salwender
Orange CA.