RE: [VAL] '63 Overlander New Axle with Disc Brakes

Dear Kevin,

I finished my axle installation last week, and I must
say that I am very pleased with the way everything
turned out. I am still waiting for Dexter's new
electro-hydraulic actuator, but it shoul dbe here
within 2 weeks time. I am waiting for the new model,
as it is more flexible as to which brake controller it
accepts. The new one supposedly works with 90% of the
controllers on teh market, including the prodigy.
The brakes are massive, with 4-piston calipers and as
far as I can tell, near perfect balance.
Please let meknow if you want teh specs for these
axles. They are a specialty item, not in Dexter's
regular catalog. I would be happy to help you save
MUCH money by giving you this information, or ordering
the axles for yo and having them shipped right to Ace
Fogdall. The savings might make it possible for you to
do your axle repalcement much sooner. Feel free to
call me at 714-538-1285 during Cal bus hours if you
want to explore this option further.
Best wishes! Camping season is starting agin. i can't
wait!

Uwe Salwender
Orange, CA.