Re: [VAL] Inverter/Charger

I'm sure those who are more electically knowledgable will agree,  it does not
take triple the power to start a vacum.  That formula is for 2 stage motors
such as compressors for household refrigerators and airconditioning units.  I
do know that it takes 10 times the amps to convert 12v to 120v and that you
would need a bank of catapillar batteries to get 2,800 amps of power for more
that a few minutes.  I have a 800 watt inverter and run my vacum, blender and any
appliance or home electronic device I want short of an electric heater.  It
seems to me a 2,800 watt inverter would be best left to someone on a homestead
with banks of solar panels and battery banks.
Vanessa
1958 Overlander