[VAL] Upcoming Rally with a touch of Airstream History

The Idaho Unit has had the good fortune to discover in our area the son
of one of the legends of early Airstream history.

Chuck Bowlus, son of William Hawley Bowlus lives in Nampa, ID. One of
our members discovered him as a neighbor just recently.

William Hawley Bowlus designed and built the Bowlus Road Chief and
related trailers. The Road Chief and kin are the trailer designs Wally
Byam rescued from bankruptcy as the basis for his Airstreaam travel
trailer. It is the source of the Airstream trailer as we know it today.

I had the opportunity to visit and talk with him recently. He is a very
nice congenial gentleman. He was more than willing to talk about his
father. He has a number of photo's and additional material about the
Bowlus trailer. He also restored a 1935 Road Chief of his own.

Mr. Bowlus will be taking part in the Idaho Unit's first rally of the
season. April 22-25. If you are interesting in attending and meeting Mr.
Bowlus please contact our rally host Phil Nelson at
pjnelson@mcleodusa.net . The rally location is at our local Airstream
dealer and the space is limited. Depending on response we may have to
limit signups.

Charlie Burke
President, Idaho Unit
WBCCI