[VAL] Introduction

Hi Folks,

After two years of video editing work, I am rejoining the list and wish to
say Hi! to all old friends and newbies who have joined while I was absent.
I now must confess that I have converted some parts of the interior of my
1966 Airstream Safari to be an editing room as well as living quarters.

Specifically I put in a two tier desk over the couch that sits opposite the
kitchen.  Much work went into replacing the original tile floor with
beautiful skid proof new tile.  I installed and have has a lot of "tuning
time" on the Precision RV-1000 on demand hot water heater.  These units are
very touchy.  I have issues with the stock water pressure regulator being
very low.  It comes through a valve that regulates only the hot water side
of the incoming water.  I don't understand why?

The cold water side has no such valve and has plenty of pressure.  RV-1000
wants a fairly high amount of pressure coming into their heater, so I have
been tweaking and trying to increase without tearing out the stock water
pressure regulator.

The RV-1000 also does not like pressure pockets or leaks on the outgoing
plumbing.  All faucets have to be stripped of aerators and complicated
plumbing does not get as hot as direct to shower only.  I chose to
distribute through the entire coach and changed old copper pipes to the BR
and Kitchen with flex pipe.

I am living with fairly hot showers, and bathroom sink water.  Kitchen sink
water only goes warm.

Comments or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Bob Kige
http://cruiserbob.com
Oceanside, CA (not sliding into the Pacific . . . yet!)