[VAL] Unit Broken Into

     VAC Members,

   Our 1969 International,  Overlander was broken into and vandalized Friday
night. They managed to get into the unit by prying open the area at the lock.
This will require either a complete new door skin or a temporary repair with a
band riveted to the door from side to side.
      Our most urgent need is for the window swing out on the curb side. They
separated the window swing out from the frame. They were unable to bust out
the Plexiglas. After they pried the window open they reached through and opened
the door from the inside, yes, the door lock didn't open for them for all
their prying!   I may be able to affect a repair of the window frame (swing out
portion), I am just not sure at this time.  I will be pulling the unit to my
home. Where I hope to determine exactly what I can do to either repair or will
need to replace the window frame.

         If measurements are needed, I should have them later this week. The
unit is covered with a tarp, sorry no choice. Started raining last night. I
also have digital photos to better identify what is needed.

                            hugheym@aol.com
       Please answer off line if you know where I may find a replacement
window. We are planning on attending the International in Springfield.

                        Unit details: 27'
                        1969 International Overlander
                         Curb side window to the right of the door knob.

      Thanks,

 Martin and Rachel Hughey
WBCCI 10212, Vintage A/S
1969 Overlander International and 1961 Bambi