Re: [VAL] Repairing tail sag

Jerry,

I don't recall ever seeing or measuring the length of the plate. It was
sized to fit on the exposed frame in a tandem axle wheel well. It is
predrilled in a 16 hole staggered pattern. The directions called for it
to be bolted on. I want to say 3/8" Grade 8 bolts/nuts with star washers
on the inside. It is necessary to open up the belly pan inboard of the
frame rail to do the installation. I have heard of some being welded but
I preferred to follow the directions on the ones I did. As important as
the plate is the pre installation. It is necessary to "hang" the coach
to allow it to settle back into shape. Do this by lifting each end and
suspending it for 24 hours or so. We used jack stands and a 4x4 at each end.

Charlie