[VAL] Charlie B re:white roofs on Airstreams

Charlie,

Thanks for your informative reply.  When I wrote what I did I was not aware
of *what material* the white roof on our Airstream is/was made of.  All I
know is that the roof is *white in color* except for the end-caps which are
the usual aluminum 'color' of the metal itself.

I did not know whether or not Airstream even used a *rubber roof material*
but now I know that they don't use any rubber roofing material at all.  I'm
thankful for that as I've heard both good and bad things about those "rubber
roofs".  The flat roof RV's always did have a problem with leaks eventually
which is *why* I feel the industry began to offer their "rubber solution"
roofing material.

Please tell me this, Charlie.  Does the white roofed Airstream need any
specific "care" versus the usual all aluminum color "roof" that is not
painted?  And you say the white color of my Airstream roof is "baked enamel"
which is good in my book -- but have there been any delaminating problems
with this design?  Does Airstream still use the baked on white enamel on any
of their trailers?

Thanks!

Tom
WBCCI 5303