[VAL] Polish

The weather here in Florida has cooled down and I decided it would be a fun
time to give the Silver Abaltross its BI annual polishing.I checked out the
wonder products that were supposed to creat a brillant shine by majic.There seems
to be more vudo about polisking than any other subject about the Airstream.I
finally seddled on 3m super fine rubbing compound with my Milwaulkee buffer
and a double sided pad.It did a good job and left beautiful swerral marks I
followed up with my air driven dual action sander with a 6in bonnet over the pad
and used 3m machine glaze removed the swrel marks and left an acceptable
shine.Still have to do half of the curb side.
when I was in school many many years ago I read a story about an old
shoemaker that the elves came in at night and did his work.I thought that Ida appealed
to me.Now just meby if i left a 6 pack and the equipment avable to them just
meby they would buff the trailer.The next morning i found not only the trailer
unbuffed but the 6 pack was gone and they complained about the brand. they
just dont make elves like they used to.
If any one wonders why ihe proffesionals charge $100.00 a foot to do the
buffing try doing it your self.
Jim Smith