Re: [VAL] Re: Disc Brakes

These early factory Airstream disc brake systems can
be upgraded to electric/hydraulic quite easily. The
original calipers and discs stay in place, and a new
e/h actuator is added to the tongue, where the old one
was, or ideally inside a closet right over the axle
system.
The actuator runs on 12V from the battery or tow
vehicle's charging line, and gets it's proportinal
input from the vehicles brake controller. A vacuum
connection to the tow vehicle is no longer needed,
which makes this especially attractive to Diesel
owners.
AS I mentioned before, I will use a system similar to
this as part of the modernization of my 1963
Overlander.
Best,
Uwe Salwender
Orange CA