Re: [VAL] Humphrey gas light on eBay

i have found that the more expensive clip on mantles are no more durable
than the cheap tie-ons. after replacing my mantle nearly evertime i moved
the trailer, i read a post somewhere where they advised to take a shear
material type scarf like our granies all had and tie it around the globe
both top and bottom while traveling. i have tried it and for what ever
reason it works. it also helps to guard against the glass globe coming loose
and dropping to the floor which has happened to me as well. perhaps it keeps
the air currents from getting to the mantle. not sure but it has worked for
me.

harry
66 safari