Re: [VAL] Humphrey gas light on eBay

The gas light mantle can break from either strong wind
or strong vibration.
I am unaware of severe duty mantles being available. I
use the tie on mantles, and buy them in 10-packs.
I saw a drastic reduction in broken mantles  after I
replaced my old and stiffly sprung axles,and after
having my hubs and wheels balanced. After this
procedure, I also noticed that loose panels and
mysteriously appearing screws etc. were a thingof the
past.
The mantle still breaks every once in a while, but not
every trip.
Also, I suggest you make sure the lamp mounted
securely, and that the panel the lamp is mounted to is
also secured properly.
Other than that, there's little youcan do to keep the
fragile webing from disintegrating.
Best wishes,
Uwe Salwender
Orange CA