[VAL] Re: spare tire

Marc,

My 1960 Overlander was ordered new with the spare tire on the rear bumper.
It is a heavy duty welded item. So at least back then Airstream thought it
OK. However...like Kevin, I too have had body/frame seperation. I blame it
on a rotten wood floor at the back, but the tire did not help any either!

If you choose to ignore my and Kevin Allen's advice PLEASE do not use a
light weight bolted on tire carrier on the bumper. I was travelling behind
him a few years back when his failed. Believe me, you don't want to be
anywhere near a bouncing tire!

Scott