[VAL] Bike rack on rear AS bumper

Let me add yet another caution to the warnings about putting weight
on the rear bumper. The previous owner of our '72 Overlander had
cleverly engineered a 2x2 receiver that was bolted to the rear
bumper, and modified a receiver-mount bike rack to work with it. The
setup would carry up to four bikes. The rack was included with the
trailer when we purchased it 3 years ago. I suspect the weight back
there while towing wasn't unrelated to the rear shell separation, or
to the 2 inch crack in the frame that was repaired when we had Oasis
put on the frame reinforcement kit, new axles, and re-repair the
shell separation last summer.

If you're feeling really lucky and want to see the design of the bike
rack, I'll send pictures. But I sure wouldn't recommend using one.

Stan