RE: [VAL] how to remove the tambours from spiral plastic ends?

You wrote:  How does one properly remove the tambours from those black
plastic spiral ends?
ALSO -- our tambours stick a little (or roll unevenly), so should I clean
and lubricate those black spirals periodically? What do I use to clean and
lubricate? (That's why I want to know how to properly remove the tambour, so
I can thoroughly clean the spirals.)

Marg...There are a couple of screws on the "leg" of the spiral.  Once you've
removed the screws from both sides of the tambour, it will all come out.
The trick is putting it all back together, once you're done with the
cleaning!
For cleaning, go easy on the soapy water, the tambour will suck it up like a
sponge and warp if it stays wet.  To lubricate, I've used car wax on the
ends and in the spiral...makes them so slick that I now have difficulty with
keeping one of the overhead bins open!

Judy White
72-27 Int'l Ambassador