Re: [VAL] gathering info

Hello Mary and Indiana,

5th wheels typically offer substantially more space
than an Airstream.
They also limit the tow vehicle choice to heavy duty
pickup trucks.
Most of the 5ers, like they call them, have a bedroom
above the hitch part that resides over the truck bed
when towing, leaving the rest of the trailing vehicle
for living space and storage etc.
Some say they tow easier, as there is nt as much, if
any, sway. The pivot is above the axle, instead of
severla feet behind it, making an alleged superior
towing experience.
Some people just prefer mammoth ugly white squarish
objects over the pretty Airstream trailers.
I have been in a few of them, but have no experience
towing one of them, so we'll have to wait for others
to chime in on that.
I hope this answers at aleast a fw of your questions.

Happy New Year,

Uwe Salwender
Orange CA