Re: [VAL] Shirley's Factory Tour Pictures

I'm sure that Airstream is having no trouble selling every
trailer they make. I'm also very sure their "new" market
is the "hip twenty-year-olds". And this is all very well and
good and I hope they do well with it. There's only one
problem I see with the plan. Most "hip twenty-year-olds"
either are just a few years out of school with the loans
hanging over their heads or their so "hip" they felt they
did not need to go to school to get a good paying job.
Either way they have "NO" cash! When I was the
"hip twenty-year-old" a few years back(over ten) one
thing I did not have was 20k-40k to spend on a trailer
that I would use 6-10 times a year(if lucky). I see were
they are going with this thought, but in IMHO the company
that is really doing that is the company that makes the
"Weekend Warrior". That trailer allows the "hip twenty-year-olds"
to carry their ATV's, bike's, etc... in the trailer. Then after
taking out the toys, beds fold down. Whats the old saying
"You can tell the age of the boy, by the cost of his toy"
And new Airstreams are not cheap.

Paul Waddell
66 Overlander