Re: [VAL] Re: [A/S] Factory Tour Pictures

Wally,

I do not know exactly when the name plate change took place, however the art
deco style name plate was in use in the very early 60's...however its
position (and the aluminum plate beneath the art deco plate) suggest that
the name plate is not original on the 63 Bambi.

I doubt that the "oldie" is a Silver Streak. I would hope that the Airstream
company would of done their homework on that one. The trailers were very
similiar for a few years (read up on Airstream history...it may shed some
light-or perhaps someone who knows the details better than I will chime in).
However I did hear a rumor once that the factory honored their lifetime
guarantee on a trailer that reportedly was not an Airstream.

Don't let the name plates mislead you...most likely one of the Airstream
workers was instructed to put name plates on them...and either didn't know
which style to use...or only had one style available at the time. I wouldn't
be suprised if this happened in the rush just prior to the Homecoming Rally
earlier this year.

Scott