Re: Re: [VAL] Weather seal source?

Well, Glyn, I was thinking of a D shaped gasket or else a multiribbed gasket. Be
sure to look at the MC-M web page catalog because the latest catalog is at least
1000 pages thicker. I don't have great confidence in preglued gaskets, but I do
have confidence in Pliobond that will stick to  any surface.

Likely the factory filled most of that 1/4" gap with vulkem.

There are other gaskets in the door assembly that are coming apart on my Caravel
access hatches.

J.C. Whitney has a different wild collection of gaskets imitating those used by
car manufacturer's but I've not been favorably impressed by the quality of their
materials.

Be sure to find a key to fit that hatch. It will be several times as hard to find
another to fit the new opening. You might want to consider a cable restraint inside
too, though dragging it down the road a few miles won't make it much better than lost.

My dad died this morning, so I'll be extra busy for a few days.

Gerald J.

Dr. Gerald N. Johnson, Electrical Engineer