Re: [VAL] old door handle (and paint removal, and other ruminations)

Zolotone stripping is a pretty difficult project. I have
never heard of anyone doing it easily, as the stuff is
pretty indestructable. I'm not sure that the surface
underneath it has the thin skin of pure aluminum that will
shine up nicely either.  I do adore the look of it tho,
especially on the ends of the old ones with the many seams
in a fan shape. I would suggest trying to remove the
Zolotone, if you must, in an area that is behind something,
so that if it does turn out to be way too hard if not
impossible, you don't have a big mess where it's visible.

I seem to recall that someone just replaced the aluminum
pieces rather than trying to strip it, don't remember....

Daisy