Re: [VAL] Re: LP valves

Note the difference between automatic changeover and the all caps warning
that switching manually is required to "change cylinders"   ... That's not
refering to the changing of which cylinder is supplying gas, it's referring
to removing the empty cylinder and changing to a new cylinder on the side
that went empty... If you don't switch the regulator to the the full (now
operating) side before taking the empty cylinder off, you will get some
leakage from the open "empty" side... I did that and noticed the smell
(ethyl mercaptin) used to warn of gas leakage and found it stopped leaking
when I moved the handle to the side now supplying the gas...The indicator
resets and the empty side will become the new reserve side once you refill
the empty cylinder... The regulator will automatically switch the system to
the side you just replaced when the operating side empties... And on and on
whithout ever a cold night... probably called automatic bilateral
switchover by the purists...

Note the regulator is the same as the Mr. Heater model but the old picture
shows the slide switch... The one I  purchased has a rotary (lever) handle
that points to the side supplying the gas...

Expect to pay $40 or more depending on the store...

Jim