[VAL] Belize

Hello all:  I have been out of town for a few days so I am coming in  on the
tail end of the Belize discussion.  A couple of years ago, when I  first got
on to the VAL, there was an organized WB caravan to Belize.   Articles on the
trip were published over several months in the newsletter (or  whatever it was
called).  I became interested in a trip like this and so I  contacted the
organizer.  He said that it was a WB sponsored trip and they  hired a prof. tour
guide.  I contacted the tour guide who said they would  sell the trip agenda to
anyone for a price.  I don't remember what the  price was but it was several
hundred dollars.  I next ask for information  from anyone who had gone on this
trip or other caravans to Belize and received  several replys.  I put
together some ideas based on their input and a book  on trailer camping in Mexico.  I
am at the office right now so I can't give  you the exact title of the book.
There seemed to be less interest in a  repeat trip so the idea died down.  I
think with some adequate planning,  which could take up to a year, that a trip
of this kind would be safe and  fun.  I will be going in for surgery in a week
so I won't be able to do  much for several months but if there are people
interested in doing some  planning contact me off list.

Tom Fairbank
1969 Tradewind
1998 Ford Expedition as tow vehicle