Re: [VAL] Re: Awnings

Hi Patti:
   What a great installation. Did you already have the awning hardware
on your trailer or did the Airstream people (in Ohio or a dealer???)
install all that stuff? The matching chair is a great idea - I have the
original blue ones that my parents used with their big AS back in the
1970's - they did a lot of AS Caravans and used to host the New Orleans
Mardi Gras rally when my dad was the head of the Gulf State Region so
there is some history in the chairs! They drove out here on their first
long trip sole before joining the Wally B's, pulling the AS over some
horrible mountain passes when some guy at a service station told them
about a "shortcut" but finally arrived in one piece having smoked the
brakes in the tow vehicles cuz my dear flat-lander folks hadn't a clue
about setting and using the trailer brakes. That trip saw them trade
the van in for a real Suburban tow vehicle which they put hundreds of
thousands of miles on.
    I would love to see a picture or two of your rig with the awnings up
when you get that far. Thanks again for the info.
Jo Ann