[VAL] Re: Hum

"Most battery chargers add some AC ripple depending on the battery to
clean it up enough for most uses. Radios are most sensitive to that
ripple.
The classic Univolt also has an acoustical hum that annoys many,
especially when its under their bed at night."

Thanks, Dr. J.!  this must be the problem.  The coach doesn't have a battery!
Having read about potential bad interactions between the Univolt and batteries,
I wasn't in a hurry to fix this and put it on the spring fix-up projects list.
The ground wire doesn't have a terminal post connector, and the slide-out
battery tray is broken.

The Univolt acoustical hum doesn't bother me.  The Univolt is in the bottom of
the bathroom closet, so I keep the sliding bathroom door closed.

Are there any additional ill effects of operating the Univolt without a battery?
Does anyone know what battery group size fits in the Argosy battery compartment?

Duane Middlebrook
76 Argosy 24