[VAL] Re: toilet gasket

I think what confuses most is that an RV toilet is very similar to its
housebound cousins, but different in some aspects.
See the images here:
http://www.vintageairstream.com/rr_topics_toilet.html

You can see the old toilets used a big honkin' seal and the newer ones come
with a smaller seal that mimics a wax ring seal.  I guess the idea is that
an RV toilet is subjected to a wide range of temperature extremes that could
affect the paraffin wax seal.  As you can see in the pictures, nothing would
prevent you from sticking a wax ring seal on the toilet pipe - it would mate
right down onto the flange.

Best of luck,
RJ
VintageAirstream.com