RE: [VAL] Hitches???

Probably true on a dual axle trailer, but no matter what the size of tow
vehicle, the sway certainly helps with a single axle trailer.

I didn't plan on towing on ice either, but got caught after a storm in the
NE and hit some black ice on an interstate.  Two vehicles had crashed on the
other side of the median just past an overpass.  I couldn't understand how
it could have happened until my surburban and trailer started to slip
sideways while traveling about 55 mph.  It was clear and the road had been
clear for hours except for this one spot.  The rig stayed together and
didn't jack knife which I attribute to the sway hitch.  Without it I believe
would have been disasterous.  Luckily the rig didn't slip sideways too far
and just keeping light pressure on the steering wheel kept us from crashing.
Only took about 5 seconds but it seemed like an hour at the time. I like the
added protection and control of the sway control and will always use it -
even with my 3/4 ton diesel truck and my little airstream.
Pete