[VAL] Safety of propane furnace - hot air heat system

Two years ago I had the original Suburban propane furnace - hot air
heating system in my 1976 Tradewind 25' checked out by the shop of a
major RV dealer (not Airstreams). They replaced the electronic ignition
circuit board and said it was O.K. My wife is concerned that we will not
be safe (from carbon monoxide, propane, etc.) if we run the furnace
while we sleep. Are her concerns possibly justified?  If so, what should
I have looked at to insure our safety? Any advise would be greatly
appreciated.

Marvin Murray