Re: [VAL] Heater Fan

Gasket material -- high temp (red in color), high strength RTV sealant

I would advise you to "lube" the shaft of the motor with that Kroil product
I told you about just in case you revisit this project.  You should also use
the Kroil on the Allen screw threads so rust won't "grow" there again --
Kroil is a creeping oil that gets into spaces as tight as one-millionth of
an inch, and it does work.

Take your original squirrel cage fan to a machine shop to see of they can
"rebuild" it for you so that it is balanced AND the cage is perpendicular to
the motor shaft opening.  This would be far easier to do than to locate
another squirrel cage I would think -- and those parts made back then are a
lot more durable than the garbage you find them made out of today.

Then, put it all back together but make sure to do a dry run BEFORE
assembly.  If you really got technical with this out of balanced fan you
could use a runout gauge but that's more than you wanted to know I'm sure.
;))

Tom
WBCCI 5303