Re: [VAL] Replacement heater

Tom,

The scraping noise you hear is probably the fan hitting dust bunnies and stuff
which has accumulated over the years. It could also be a bad motor mount which
would allow the fan to hit the shroud.

If I were you, I would take the trailer to the pros and have them check it,
before going to all the expense and trouble of retrofitting a new heater.

Chances are, oiling the fan motor, cleaning the blades and a good blowing out
will have the thing back in order.  What you need the experts for, is to check
the heat exchanger, to be sure it's free of holes or rust.  It may just need
to be serviced.

Mark in Modesto