[VAL] penetrating oil

    As a mechanical maitenence technician in the hot strip at a steel mill
(read lots of heat and lots of water/rust) I have found the best penetrating
oil by far it a product called Zep 45. We roll 9" thick steel slabs into the
steel coils that you may have seen on the back of semi trucks. The slabs are
heated to about 2200 degrees F, and we use a lot of water to keep the
equipment cool. We find a lot of rusted, galded, and just plain stubbron
nuts bolts and pins. We used to depend on PB Blaster as our penetrating oil
but a year ago we switched to Zep 45. I would never go back to the PB
blaster, the Zep product is that much better. This is from the Zep website.
www.zep.com

ZEP 45
TYPE: Penetrating Lubricant Containing Teflon* PROD. #0174
BENEFITS: Zep 45 is an aerosol penetrating lubricant fortified with
Teflon(R), the slipperiest substance known to man, and Vydax (R),
fluorotelomer dispersion. Zep 45 penetrates rapidly to loosen parts that are
frozen due to wear, corrosion, and heavy grease or grime build-up. Zep 45
provides excellent and long lasting lubrication to moving parts. Micron size
particles of Teflon and Vydax work like thousands of tiny ball bearings to
dramatically reduce friction and wear. Zep 45 deposits a protective film to
retard corrosion, prolong the life of machinery, and reduce down-time. The
solvent action of Zep 45 removes accumulations of grease and grime from
surfaces to allow contact with the lubricating, protective film. The
lubricating film remains effective over a wide temperature range (from minus
55 degrees Fahrenheit to 475 degrees Fahrenheit.). Zep 45 is excellent for
use on industrial machines, business machines, motor shafts, guns, sports
equipment, shop tools, saws and drills, electric motors, vending machines,
locks, hinges, rollers bearings, conveyors, pulleys, nuts and bolts, all
rusted and corroded parts. Use on any surface that slips, slides, rubs,
rolls, moves, turns, twists, or pivots. (R)-Registered Trademark of E.I.
DuPont De Nemours Company, Inc.

I have nothing to do with the Zep company, I am just really impressed with
this product.

John W. Morris
Richmond, Ohio
62 ambassador international