[VAL] polarity light

Yesterday my wife and I finally took our 1964 Tradewind out camping. We have
owned it for about a year and have been cleaning and fixing it since buying
it last October. When I pluged it into the generator (we boondock) the polarity
light came on, it says that we should turn the plug over if it lights us, but
thats not possible with a three prong plug. Will it damage the transformers for
the water pump and furnace? Even if we don't run either (the pump is unplugged
and the water system blown out, the blower type furnace doesnt work and we use
a thermocouple style furnace instead). Should I just ignore the light because
I plan on putting in a intellepower system in next summer? Or will it catch
fire and burn us up like white bread in a toaster? Oh, by the way, we saw over
40 elk and plenty of deer, and even one cow moose.
  Joe in Wyoming