RE: [VAL] new to list - seeking info re: original interior in 1971 Safari

Can anyone tell us ...

What was the original flooring? (it currently has cheap self-stick tiles on
the plywood subfloor). Can I use sheet vinyl flooring to replace the current
vinyl tiles?

---

The original flooring in my '71 was shag carpeting.  It was yellow!  We took
it out as well and installed those cheap tiles.  I see no reason why you
can't put in any flooring you like.

----
What was the original upholstery?

Not sure how to answer this one.  Just regular material that matched the
flooring.  I think ours was yellow but it was too dry rotted to be used and
all had to be replaced.

-----

What did the bath look like originally - ours has pale yellow tambour door
on
vanity, and the basin is a pale yellow/ivory. The toilet is also a light
yellow plastic as is the shower floor. There is a pale yellow floral trim
around the vanity (above the tambour)

That sounds original to me.  The plastic or fiberglass furnishings have
yellowed over time.  The plastic tambour door is original as well is the
toilet.  There are specialty paints some have used such as *Tough as Tiles*
to update the colors and make a cleaner look.  I have not tried this.

----

What were the original window covers in bath? (currently has a roller blind)

Mine has/had a roller blind.

-----

What was the original "door" between the bedroom and the bath?

It's a folding door like a accordion.  It is vinyl covered cardboard.  That
rolls and folds on a upper track.

----

What was originally on the drop-down exterior step (currently has ugly
purple
carpet glued to step)

Nothing.  That was added by a previous owner.

----

I can tell that the original ceiling/wall color was light beige with brown
flecks in it. Unfort., somebody has painted most of it an off-white. Any
advice for removing the paint? I don't was to harm the original surface.

It originally had a vinyl covering the interior aluminum.  Too bad someone
painted it as it is quite durable.  Maybe try some mild paint strippers in a
test spot.  Try Citra strip.

----

The bulkhead wall to my left as I step up into the trailer has been sponge
painted (agh!) -- what's underneath this artistry - is it the fake dark
brown
wood? (or the beige vinyl?)

Fake dark paneling.

--

I have several more questions re: this trailer - however I will post
separately as they are different topic.

Good luck with your new trailer!

-Tim