Re: [VAL] Silicone

We had the same problem with our '72 Overlander, and read on the list that
Permatex Gasket Remover, available at any auto parts store, worked. It does.
Our silicon was at times globbed on about the thickness of a lead pencil,
and a couple of applications of the remover softened it up enough to get it
off. Use a plastic putty knife and work under the silicon and it will peel
off. You might have to use a remover-soaked terry towel to get the residue
left, but it will do the job. Takes time.

Bob Hightower
WBCCI 11365