[VAL] 67 safari furnace

Sharon,

I have a copy of the manual I found somewhere on the internet once.
(Surburban Dyna Trail NT-22A  Ducted discharge, 12 volts d.c. only, 22,000
Btu/hr. input.  Bottom plenum.)   You need a Thermocouple, 88D-30.  Part
#160527.  The parts diagram (part 24) shows the thermocouple that goes into
the furnace at the pilot light flame and the wire that runs around the
furnace to screw into the gas valve is all one unit.  Apparently very
similar to the ones on home furnaces and water heaters.  The exact part may
not be available as Suburban is reluctant to provide parts for furnaces
that old due to liability.   I would guess that a universal thermocouple
from the neighborhood hardware store/home center might work as long at is
will screw into the gas valve.  Take the old one along as a guide. (They do
come in various lengths to fit the application - too long is always better
than too short!)

If you want a copy of the manual, send me a snail mail address off line and
I'll make you one faster than a Brittney Spears marriage.

Bill in Kansas City
64 Safari
77 Argosy.