[VAL] Re: DUMP VALVE

  I am currently trying the trick in the latest "Phred Sez....." which
  basically has you soak the valve in toilet chems for 24 hours.
I vote for the "TRY AND FIX IT" Idea!
Mine was acting the same way and I discovered on My 78 that the handle that
pulls the valve had spun on the rod and shortened the length of the pull rod so
that the gate did not go all the way in!
Also~ than not working~~I'd bang it in with a hammer a few times "LITELY"
incase there is something foreign in the way>>>>what have you got to loose?
I ALWAYS try the "HAMMER FIX" as a last resort on anything that's giving me
problems!
You'd be amazed how many times it has worked in my 44 years of tinkering!

AlanT
Phx AZ
78 Arg 30
93 Dodge Cummins