Re: [VAL] 12 volt refridg

Dan, there are two different kind of 12-volt fridges. One is the usual
Dometic type, that runs on gas, 110-volts, or 12 volts. It uses heat,
either from propane or from an electric heating element. This kind
really sucks up the juice. The other type uses a high-efficiency
compressor -- the one Joann installed is a good example. Sun Frost is
another. I had a little LeSharo that had one. It requires air
circulation, but not the roof vent like a propane fridge does. And it is
MUCH more efficient than the other type. Also, it gets cold really quick
-- from warm to ice in the ice trays in 90 minutes. These guys are great
for folks who have an older trailer and want to replace the 110-volt
fridge without the necessity to make a big vent hold in the roof. And I
second what Joann said about Backwoods Solar in Idaho -- they're nice
folks, helpful, with fair prices.

Best regards,

Rik