[VAL] Airstream Life

Hi all,
I just received my first issue of a magazine called Airstream Life. I
must say, it is a beautiful, "read front to back" type of magazine with
many vintage articles, including one by VAC Historian Fred Coldwell.  I
especially like the story about the eBay Airstream buyer.  The article
on Restorer's Craig Dorsey, InLandRV & Iowa boys was not as complete as
other general interest magazines have had, but I detect that there will
be ongoing stories about past & underway restorations, especially from
Vintage-Vacations.

It's rather interesting that first issue out looks so good, as most
special interest magazines take years to get to this level of quality.
It is nothing at all like "Blue Beret" , which never lived up to its
potential.  The magazine is not sponsored by Airstream, or any club, but
it does appears to have a licensing agreement to use the Airstream name.
5 years ago when I started my vintage airstream website, I lamented the
lack of printed material that seems to be a core part of most other
restoration/technical hobbies. A magazine always seems to be the first
on the scene, followed by history type books, and finally how to books -
so there is hope ahead.

I do recommend this magazine, and have a little review in the reading
section of the website.
http://www.vintageairstream.com/rr_reading.html

For $32/yr, it is a "must get". Supposedly if you subscribe before Sept
15, you will get the first issue I received.  I think that after the
15th you get the next issue, but can order the first one as a back issue
until they are gone.  They seem to be looking for short stories too, so
all you frustrated authors, here's an easy opportunity to share your
adventures.  Based up the Rally campfire stories, there will be a never
ending supply to print...

Later,
RJ Dial