[VAL] Re: VAL Digest V1 #348

There were several cars built in the 90's that had good tow ratings. The full
size Caddilac Fleetwood rear wheel drive (maybe the Buick also) had a tow
rating of 7000 pounds. The Chevy Caprice could be had with a 5000 lb. tow rating.
The Caddy had an EPA of 25 hwy, the Caprice was 27 mpg. hwy. The Crown Vic/
Marquis/Lincoln Town Car Could be had with a 5000 tow rating. These cars were
EPA 25 to 27 hwy. I had a 1993 Crown Vic That I pulled a 24 ft 1961 Tradewind
with. It did a great job and usually averaged around 16 mpg Towing the
Airstream, and was great solo. It just got retired after 210k trouble free miles.  I
go to insurance auctions with a friend occasionally, where ins. co's sell off
cars they buy back or total. I just see such a tremendous no. of trucks and
suv's  that roll over that it was scary. That is why I got interested in car tow
vehicles, there is a reason that the CV/Marquis has been rated the safest
passenger vehicle sold in this country for 10+ years and not trucks or SUVs. I
would like to hear other response on this, Ihave located another CV with tow and
low miles that is a possibility. I have a Dodge diesel but I just think it is
safer towing with a car.   Phil